Ireland has one of the best education systems in Europe. The quality of the Irish education system is a major contributing factor to the rapid rate of economic growth, this has been experienced over the last few decades.
Irish higher education institutions are widely recognised for excellence in many disciplines. The country is recognised as an international location for high-quality scientific research too which remains one of the reason for the growth of international students coming to Ireland every year.
Ireland has a reputation for being a safe and welcoming country. It has also been rated as one of the best country to live. Ireland is renowned for its friendliness and hospitality which greatly contributes to the ease with which overseas students adapt to student life in Ireland. People of Ireland are naturally curious and genuinely interested in others. A strong sense of community abounds everywhere in the country.
Indian students who have opted to do their higher studies in Ireland have invariably found their stay very academically rewarding and, on a personal level, a most congenial, interesting and worthwhile experience. Students from abroad are entitled to work part-time while in Ireland.
- The Republic of Ireland is a a young country like India, with over 40% of it’s population under 25 years of age. It is one of the few English-speaking nations in the European Union and hence provides no language barriers to foreign students. Ireland has a large number of International students with over 1500 Indian students. This makes it an excellent option to study abroad in Ireland.
- Whether you are an exchange student, a a regular student or simply participating in short-term summer courses, while studying in Ireland, you will not only enjoy the friendliness and hospitality of the Irish, but also the international atmosphere and the high quality of Ireland’s higher education institutions and research institutes.
- Ireland universities and colleges are known for their excellent way of living and comfort during your stay here. Education in Ireland is not out of your reach. Expense for undergraduate and graduate courses vary between €8,000 to €20,000, comparable to most foreign destinations and cheaper in some cases. Average living expenses in the costliest city of Dublin are an approximate of €7,000 per month. The expenses depend on individual lifestyles.
Here are some of the top reasons why Ireland is fast becoming a preferred destination to Study Abroad
- English speaking country.
- Accept 15 years of education as eligibility unlike most others.
- Irish institutes and Universities feature in the list of top 100 institutes of the world.
- Quality of education is at par to many American Universities
- It has short duration Masters’ Degree courses, usually of 1 year in duration.
- No prior work experience required to do an MBA.
- Work permits to work for up to 1 year after degree and Green Cards after 2 years.
- It has a long tradition of providing quality education.
- About 10% of the population is foreign nationals.
- Approximately 1500 Indian students currently study in Ireland.
- A very friendly society.
- It is closer to home, just nine hours away by flight and is gateway to Europe.
- Home thousands of MNCs who run their back office operations out of Ireland.
- Provides a clear-cut road map towards securing work and eventual permanent residency.
- It is a young country like India, 40% of the population is under 25 years of age
Part-time Job Prospects
International students studying in Ireland are offered great part-time work opportunities. All International students pursuing a full time degree here are allowed to work part-time. With minimum wages at close to €9.00 per hour and work permit for 20 hours a week during academic terms, and 40 hours per week during holidays, part-time work opportunities couldn’t get any better.
Post Study Work Options
After completion of degree at a college in Ireland, students are allowed a 1 year extension to gain work experience. If employed, employers provide employees with 2 years Green Card. After the completion of the 2 year Green Card Permit, employees may file for permanent residency.
- To study in Ireland, Non-EU students may directly apply to institutions of their choice online through the institution websites, however the initial Visa has to be applied via a consultant like Study Smart. On arrival in Ireland students have to register with Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB) and also again after completion of their registration at respective institutions.
- Students may apply online for the “D” visa, which permits stay longer than duration of 3 months. Certain documents such as Letter of acceptance from a recognized school/college/university in Ireland confirming acceptance, evidence of your academic ability to pursue the chosen course through the English language, evidence of paid fee, etc., have to be submitted for obtaining a VISA to study in Ireland.
- Colleges and universities in Ireland are very helpful during the entire process of obtaining your VISA and other documents. Also, study abroad consultants can be a big help during the admission procedures.
- As mentioned earlier, one of the core reasons for studying in Malaysia is its relatively low cost & minimal living expense as compared to the US or Europe. This is not the only reason why one should study in Malaysia. Malaysia is one of the most scenic and extravagant country offering a diverse culture which makes your experience truly an international one. It also provides enthralling and scenic beaches and islands for that one off time you wish to hang up your boots and relax.
- A Malaysian University provides you the home-away-from-home experience , providing you the best of education opportunities at the same time.
- Value for Money – Excellent education is available at universities in Malaysia, at a much affordable cost compared to American or European counterparts Studying in Malaysia is much closer to Home for Indian Students.
- With many western and European universities opening their offshore campuses here and also the increasing number of affiliate programs, you can get a UK or US degree by studying in Malaysia.
- UK, US, Australian and Canadian University offer Transfer Programs here, thus allowing you to experience multi-national curriculum and experiences during the same program.
- The people of Malaysia are Multi-cultured, Warm and Friendly people, who go out of their way to take care of the foreign visitors to their beautiful nation.
- Beautiful Tourist places to visit in Malaysia itself provide many an opportunities for travel and leisure.
Part-Time Job Prospects
- Iskandar Malaysia, the hottest & biggest development project of Malaysia has opened up a lot of Job opportunities in various sectors. Iskandar Malaysia is magnetizing world-class talent to follow their desired career prospects. It is the biggest gift to students studying in Malaysia.
- All international students studying at public or private higher educational institutions are permitted to work part-time for a maximum of 20 hours per week and full time during semester breaks. Many online forums and also educational institutes provide job opportunities available to you. Universities in Malaysia also help students obtain part-time work.
Post Study Options
- Driving excellence in various fields like technology, Biotechnology, Tourism, Education and healthcare, universities in Malaysia has more than ample of study options to offer. If you are at the right place at the right time, bright career opportunities await you.
- After completion of your course, universities in Malaysia offer many work opportunities to International Students. You may choose from an Employment Pass, Temporary employment Visit Pass, or a Professional Visit Pass. All these passes are generally issued on a short-term basis.
- A Visa is required to enter Malaysia but the process here is extremely simple & Hassle Free.
- LOA (Letter of Acceptance): In order to get your Student Pass Sticker you need to produce all the valid travel documents along with the LOA from the educational Institute you are admitting to, to the Malaysian Immigration Department.
- Visa is issued upon Arrival here.