The United Kingdom is the second most popular student destination in the world. The quality of education in the UK is assessed by official bodies such as the Quality Assurance Agency, guaranteeing that institutes in the UK maintain the long-standing tradition of excellence in education.
The people are welcoming. UK is famed for its friendliness to foreign students, and the locals are accommodating to those learning their language and culture.
Institutions in the UK are globally known for high quality of education. A degree from the UK is recognized worldwide, guaranteeing you a vast amount of possibilities upon graduation. Cost of living is significantly lower than in the US and other countries. A UK degree will open doors worldwide. You’ll be able to expand your network of contacts and interact with many international employers.
Student Life: Study Abroad in UK
To study in UK, is a wholesome experience in itself. The UK is the perfect place to give you a true international exposure with its cosmopolitan environment. Qualifications earned from the UK are recognized all over the World. In today’s globalized corporate environment, every employer looks for qualities like confidence, originality and independence and your study period here will give you these and more. You will learn, polish your finer skills and graduate a refined individual. Study Smart has a select clientele of the top universities in UK, including many universities in London, the capital city. A degree in UK comes with great academic credentials on one side and a great undergrad lifestyle on the other. A complete win-win situation.
Student Facilities in Top UK Universities
- Student Oyster Card can help you save up to 33% on travel while you study in UK.
- Discounts at restaurants, cinemas and shops across the city, with ISIC, International Student Identity Card.
- Entertainment is an integral part of the UK lifestyle. Lots of Museums and Galleries in London have no entry charges. Music shops often have bands playing and there are quite a few free of cost lectures, talks and guided tours around the city.
- A lot of Local libraries offer free books, internet and other study resources. International students can avail economical phone tariffs to make calls back home with services like Lyca and Lebara.
- The London Pass provides discounted entry to attractions such as the London eye, Thorpe Park and Shakespeare’s Globe theatre, etc.
- NHS (National Health Service) is available to all students who are eligible for absolutely free of cost as soon as they land here.
- Easy access to travel in other European countries is an added advantage for those looking to do some seeing-around the ever so beautiful European landscapes and country sides.
- Job search and career services by Job Center plus are available to all students
- Qualifications earned from the UK are globally recognized. Top universities in UK today hold top global rankings.
- UK universities give as much importance to the welfare of international students as their academics.
- Environment here is extremely conducive to study and leisure activities with a great variety of recreational and cultural experiences.
- An UK education empowers students with superlative academic and professional skills and enhances their personal skills providing a memorable cultural experience at the same time.
- Education Style at universities in UK is more emphasized towards practical learning than textbook driven learning. The practical knowledge earned acts as a catalyst to your personal development along with academic excellence.
- Excellent job opportunities are available here via graduate positions and job fairs.
UK is well known for its short-term programs as compared to other Education destinations. Be it Bachelorette, Masters or a Ph.D., universities in UK offers a wide range of courses in fields of Business Management, Science, IT, Hospitality, LAW, Literature, Medical, etc. Institutions in the UK offer over 30,000 Undergraduate & Post Graduate courses on off.
Part-time Job Prospects
International students studying in UK are allowed to work for up to 20 hours per week during term time and up to 40 hours per week during semester breaks. There are thousands of part time job opportunities available for students in retail, hospitality and IT sectors, among others. By working part time a student can easily take care of their living expenses and also gain much needed experience, which certainly adds to your resume. Top universities in UK provide in-house facilities when looking for part-time work.
Post Study Work Options
As one of the world’s largest economies and financial hub, the UK has a lot to offer to prospective employees and a degree from UK makes you adept to venture into global market.. There are numerous opportunities that can come your way whilst you study in the UK. All non-European students who wish to remain in the UK after they have graduated must apply for a work visa from the UK Border Agency. We at Study Smart, as specialized education consultants for UK help you with your post study work options also.
Bath Spa University
BCUIC – Progression to Birmingham City University
Buckinghamshire New University
Cambridge Ruskin International College ( CRIC )
Canterbury Christchurch University
CRIC – Progression to Anglia Ruskin University
De Montfort University
EIC – Progression to Edinburgh Napier University
HIC – progression to University of Hertfordshire
ICP – Progression to University of Portsmouth
ICRGU – Progression to Robert Gondon University
ICWS – Progression to Swansea University
International College Wales Swansea (ICWS)
INTO – Progression to City University London
INTO – Progression to MMU
INTO – Progression to Newcastle University
INTO – Progression to Queens University, Belfast
INTO – Progression to St. George University London
INTO – Progression to UEA London
INTO – Progression to UEA, Newton
INTO – Progression to University of East Anglia
LIBT – Progression to Brunel University
Middlesex South Asia
International students from outside the UK or European Union (Europe) need to apply for a student visa to study in UK. Eligibility is calculated using a points-based system called a Tier 4 Student Visa. The following documents are a must to obtain the Tier-4 visa:
- CAS: A Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) letter from the university you are about to attend, duly approved by the UK Border Agency (UKBA) for Student Visa.
- Funding:You need to provide evidence of finances showing your capability to fund your course tuition fees & living expenses while you are in the UK.